Planning Your Estate Wisely
Charlotte Lawyers Handling Wills - Trusts - Estate Planning
Estate planning is a crucial step in wealth planning. It can effectively and affordably protect the assets of all kinds of individuals — single and married, young and old, minors and disabled persons, and more. At Wells Daisley Rabon, P.A., attorney Brendan Dillashaw has provided legal services to the Charlotte area and elsewhere in North Carolina area since 2004. Mr. Dillashaw leads our Estate Planning practice.
Our services encompass not only Wills and Trusts, but all aspects of estate planning. We can help you manage your assets and wealth through:
- Wills, through which you can designate heirs, create trusts and create a tax-minimization plan.
- Living wills and health care power of attorney, which can provide instructions regarding your healthcare in the event that you become incapacitated.
- Powers of attorney and durable powers of attorney, by which you designate an agent to act on your behalf regarding financial decisions and other matters. You control the amount of power assigned to the agent.
- Trusts, including inter vivos trusts, minors' trusts and life insurance trusts (ILITs). Trusts can allow others to hold your property temporarily or permanently, provide income to a minor or special-needs individual, help your estate avoid the probate process, and keep life insurance proceeds separate from an estate.
- Basic tax planning, including credit shelter trusts and help with gift taxes and estate taxes. Especially for those whose assets and income are above an ever-changing threshold, basic tax planning can limit or possibly even eliminate the effects of taxation upon death.
In addition to estate planning services, we are skilled at resolving estate and will disputes. To understand your situation fully, talk with one of our attorneys. We are available for evening and weekend appointments and are conveniently located in Historic Dilworth in the South End, near the intersection of South Boulevard and East Boulevard, within walking distance of the CATS bus lines and the light rail service.
To contact us, call 704-315-2497 or 1-866-577-3865.