Jump To Navigation

Drunk Driving Accidents

Drunk Driving Accidents

Call us now

or use the form below.


Phone Number:

Email Address:



Click here to provide more information.

Frequently Asked Questions about Drunk Driving Accidents

Q: What should I do if I am involved in a car accident with a drunk driver?

A: If you are injured in the accident, seek medical attention immediately. If you fear other people may have been injured, call for help. You also should contact the police and get a copy of the police report. As much as possible, document the accident by taking careful notes about the accident, including the names and contact information of any witnesses and your recollection of what happened. If you decide to take legal action, these notes can be invaluable to your case.

Q: Can people other than those involved in a car accident bring a lawsuit for that accident?

A: Yes. Legal representatives and family members of someone injured or killed in a car accident can bring a lawsuit. In certain circumstances, close family members who witnessed the accident also may bring a suit. These parties may seek compensation from the drunk driver or third parties, such as the vendor who sold the alcohol to the intoxicated driver.

Read More

Drunk driving accidents take thousands of lives each year. If you have questions about filing a case against a drunk driver, contact our firm to schedule a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney for straightforward solutions.

Charlotte Attorneys Holding Drunk Drivers Accountable

The effective legal handling of drunk driving accidents requires knowledge of both DUI/DWI law and general negligence and personal injury litigation law. At the law firm of Wells Daisley Rabon P.A., in Charlotte, we have handled hundreds of auto accident cases, including numerous cases involving drunk driving.

Our lawyer team knows that, for many victims and victims' families, holding the drunk driver responsible for their actions is just as important as financial compensation. We have recovered millions of dollars for victims of car crashes, including cases involving drunk driving, while working through the courts to hold negligent parties accountable through community service, public speaking and other acts. To contact an experienced and caring North Carolina attorney, call 704-315-2497 or 1-866-577-3865.

Drunk Driving Accidents - An Overview

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 17,500 people die each year in alcohol-related motor vehicle accidents. Thousands more are injured and the costs for these accidents is staggering - over $100 billion in monetary and quality of life losses. If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident, contact Wells Daisley Rabon, P.A. in Charlotte, North carolina today. An experienced personal injury attorney can review your case and discuss your legal options with you.

Read More

Civil Claims for Drunk Driving Accidents

In addition to the criminal charges drunk drivers may face, they also may incur civil penalties for any property damage or personal injury they caused as a result of driving drunk.

Read More

Third Party Liability in Drunk Driving Cases

The drunk driver may not be the only party liable for injuries to innocent parties in drunk driving accidents. Those who provided the alcohol to the driver or had the opportunity to prevent the accident also may share responsibility.

Read More

Dram Shop Acts

If you were injured by a drunk driver after he or she left a bar, restaurant or other place serving alcohol, you may have a claim against that establishment under your state's dram shop act.

Read More

Defenses to Drunk Driving Injury Claims

The defenses to civil drunk driving claims can vary by state and the circumstances of each case. The information provided here will give you a brief overview of some of the defenses that may be claimed.

Read More

Drunk Driving Accidents Resource Links

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - Impaired Driving Division
Resource provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration providing information on national programs to decrease drunk driving, uniform guidelines for states to promote safe highway driving, programs aimed at decreasing the number of fatalities in young adult drivers and more.

Stop Impaired Driving
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration initiative aimed at reducing the number of alcohol-related motor vehicle accidents and fatalities. Web site provides community outreach tools, links to current research data and more.

The Century Council
Web site maintained by alcohol distillers to bring awareness to preventing drunk driving and underage drinking. Site has links to the Council's initiatives, including programs for high school and college students.

Office for Victims of Crime: Drunk Driving
Federal office established by the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) in 1984. The OVC provides funding to state victim assistance and compensation programs and training to criminal justice and other professionals dealing with crime victims. Web site offers information on these programs and links to programs designed to deal specifically with drunk driving.

Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Web site with information on victim services, drunk driving statistics, programs aimed at underage drinkers and more.

Read More

The law firm of Wells Daisley Rabon P.A. provides legal services throughout the region, including Charlotte, Gastonia, Monroe, Concord, Mooresville, Lincolnton, Hickory, and Statesville, as well as other major metropolitan areas including Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and Asheville, and Mecklenburg County, Gaston County, Union County, Cabarrus County, Iredell County, Lincoln County, and Cleveland County, North Carolina.

FirmSite® by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.

NOTE: Labels in bold are required.

Contact Information
  1. disclaimer.

Wells Daisley Rabon P.A.
1616 Cleveland Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28203
Phone: 704-315-2497
Toll free: 1-866-577-3865
Fax: 704-347-0684